Felix,

I forgot to add that I built Zeppelin from source
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache/zeppelin/zeppelin-0.6.0/zeppelin-0.6.0.tgz
<http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache/zeppelin/zeppelin-0.6.0/zeppelin-0.6.0.tgz>
using this command "mvn clean package -DskipTests -Pspark-1.6 -Phadoop-2.6
-Dspark.version=1.6.0-cdh5.7.1 -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.7.1 -Ppyspark
-Pvendor-repo -Pbuild-distr -Dhbase.hbase.version=1.2.0-cdh5.7.1
-Dhbase.hadoop.version=2.6.0-cdh5.7.1”.

I did this because we are using HBase 1.2 within CDH 5.7.1.

Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks,
Ben