**********************
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 0 110
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \
"`hostname`" /bin/checkpassword
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d ./Maildir/INBOX/ 2>&1

************

Why are you using checkpassword instead of vchkpw, and
"hostname" instead of a mailserver FQDN?  Is
qmail-pop3d down or up ( with svscan or qmailctl stat
)?  I've had the above file format sometimes cause
trouble. Seems to work better as..

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 0 110
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup FQDN \
/~homeofvpopmail/bin/checkpassword
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d ./Maildir/INBOX/ 2>&1

Chris.

name=qmailctl

name=run_imap

name=run_imaps