Yeah those sound like good options, in some circumstances might not be
the cheapest option though? How do the memory configs of those phones
translate to the 30 minute mac recording requirement he has?

Where are you filming yourself? The ultra-cheap option is to use a
webcam and record to computer hard disc, or even straight to youtube.

Other cheap options are still-cameras that happen to record video,
though those are often limited to very short amounts of time and may
lack anything like a good enough microphone. And similarily there are
a range of cheapo record to memorystick cameras that have emerged,
some have quirks and quality definately varies, but the price might be
right.

Theres a large number of cheap miniDV cameras that may be suitable,
video quality of pretty much all models is likely to be good enough
unless you have any special requirements. But look at some recent
discussions on the list about audio, cameras without an external mic
connector will give poor results for certain sorts of shooting. More
details about what you want to do and your budget would allow more
specific advice.

Cheers

Steve Elbows