This will be interesting to watch, of course.

A couple of comments:

1) US only? They only mentioned US. As we all know, online video is
a lot more than just the US.
2) They are calling this a "strategic alliance" rather than a "joint
venture", probably to try to avoid being labeled the next Movielink,
but they will have to prove to everyone that they can operate
differently.
3) "ubiquitous" distribution? - also followed by "Post-launch, sites
affiliated with founding companies, including iVillage and IGN, will
also have the opportunity to become distribution partners." I'm just
not seeing it as "ubiquitous" - will all video feeds be available
via MediaRSS with enclousures? Will I be able to download to my iPod?

Just my initial thoughts... still lots of question marks, obviously.

-Frank

Frank Sinton
CEO, Mefeedia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]