I noticed a spike too. My blog at http://puppetvision.blogspot.com gets
a minimum of 500 unique visitors each day and yet for the longest time
Feedburner claimed I only had 20-30 RSS subscribers which seemed low. I
know not everyone uses RSS, but since they changed the algorithm I'm now
at about 130 RSS subscribers which seems more in line with my traffic stats.

To be fair, I don't think the problem is Feedburner's fault. Until
recently they were not able to pull accurate numbers from many of the
popular RSS services like My Yahoo!

- Andrew