--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan McLaughlin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't f'in' get me started.
>
> Aw crap. Here it comes...
>
> The lesson: women must take better / more directed advantage of
silly men.
> They are totally at our mercy.
>
> What is it we women really want?
>
> Why don't more women create these shows and make $ off 'em? I know
there's a
> reason. Can it be a good reason?
>
> Jan

I hadn't given any thought to the statistics behind whether it's men
or women that exploit the advantage over silly men of "sex sells", but
I'd have to guess that you're right and that there aren't enough women
"behind the camera" as it were in these situations.  Women are being
'used' to drive interest in shows or websites, but other than being
hired as "on-air talent", they're probably not too involved in the
process.

I wonder how tough it would be for a group of women to get together
and create a production company or whatever to 'exploit' their own
(meaning women in general, not THE women of the production company.
:D) aesthetic advantages.

A possible reason why not is that ambitious women wouldn't be inclined
to 'stoop so low' to add to the stereotype of utilizing sex or
sexuality to make a profit.

Who knows?

Interesting question. :D

--