--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Heath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All things eventually become goverened, it's a byproduct of life.  I
> as a parent govern my childern, my company govern's my actions during
> the time that I am there, (and sometime for some even after). And so
> on.  Goverenering happens either by group decree or outside forces,
> it happens and the net will be no different.  It already is goverened
> to a degree now.
>
> Not saying I agree with that but it does happen.  Regardless it will
> not change those who promote hate, who start flame wars, those who
> just want to cause chaos.  Because just as surly as there is
> goverenance there will be those who oppose it.  Again a byproduct of
> life.

As governance is imposed those that oppose it will escalate.  Have a
rule of no anonymous posting except under a myriad of exception, and
hackers will find ways to break that.  That will lead those that
govern to propose making it easier to find out who is posting.
Tracking IP# centrally, new laptops with chips that allow
identification, etc.  If that's implemented, hackers will find a way
to sabotage that.  Which will require a more drastic solution to break
privacy.  All in the name of the good of the people.

Those that govern will use those that hate as a reason for all to give
up more of their freedom.

  -- Enric