It applies to copyrighted music, its the same sort of thing you need
if you run a club that plays music, or shopping mall or whatever. Its
not new and when similar decision on fee's was made in regards to US
internet radio, there were some who said it was too much and was
killing net radio.

I dont know how true it is, I just know it applies to all the usual
mainstream copyrighted stuff, and so the easierst way round it is not
to use copyrighted works.

Personally I would be really happy if there was a simialr thing for
online video, because it means for a price, people could easily use
copyrighted stuff in their shows, and actually have the proper right
to do so,m thus removing much grey. Right now we already assume that
we dont have the right to do that (apart from fair use stuff), and so
such a licence would be giving us an extra freedom that would cost
money, as opposed to applying a cost to something we could already
legitimately do for free.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McKinnon"