Nothing is more depressing to me than watching a bunch of vlogs about
politics. DC is so overrun by media, that I don't think Vloggercon
will garner much press if held there.

Now if you want to be noticed, then the obvious place is New Orleans,
LA. Imagine flooding the vlogosphere with scenes/stories about the
rebuilding effort there post Katrina....

Plus, there's a lot of interesting things to do/see in New Orleans.
Imagine discovering the French Quarter, or eating some of the best
food in the country, or seeing a swamp or alligator for the first
time! The culture is so unique in Southern Louisiana, you might
think you are in a foreign country.

Once you've seen a bunch of monuments and museums in DC, what else is
there?

How about something else, something real that is more humanizing? How
about vlogging real people in a real situation that demands the
nation's attention?

I believe traditional media will pick up on Vloggercon if held in New
Orleans.

Chuck