I'd pitch in for D.C. the folowwing year when things are way more manic.

But now or then, D.C. Is a good one I thinlk.

Sent via CrackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jay dedman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:04:23
To:videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: Vloggercon 2007

> We've gone from discussing a meetup of the community, to currying media
 > attention (I thought we WERE the media?), to now planning a Million
 > Vlogger March on Washington!

 even in here...the spin doctors are at work!
 here's my original pitch for DC:

 --Its central and easy to fly into.
 --it'd be a surprise because its not a common place to hold a bleeding
 edge, community tech conference
 --DC is getting more and more attention as the 2008 US elections keeps
 heating up. A grassroots media conference is perfect for this mix.
 --we're right in the heart of the FCC where decisions on Net
 Neutrality are being decided
 --I imagine 300 vloggers running around the Capitol steps with
 cameras. especially the new Nokias where you can upload to the web
 immediately.

 It's not about being covered by traditional media, but there is no
 denying that it's a central hub of information creators. For me, it's
 more about educating ourselves on how information in the US gets
 passed around and spread. it's empowering for me to see it and say "is
 that all they do"?

 jay

 --
 Here I am....