I'm just an Wikipedian. (a regular joe that likes wikipedia) You can
read about Wikipedia policies and guidelines (which are decided by
editors like you and me) in this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Simplified_Ruleset

When I first started contributing to Wikipedia, one of the things that
I found most surprising and hard to accept was this quote at the top
of one of Wikipedia's core content policies:

"The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth."

It seems odd but it's interesting to read about why a policy like that
might be a good thing. I find that particular policy super interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability

and this one too!  It defines a reliable source and talks about why
certain sources are considered reliable and why limiting editors to
those sources will make a better article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources

It's also important in Wikipedia to always assume good faith in other
editors which is what I've had to try very hard to do in these last
couple of emails. (because no matter how upset your emails may seem, i
know (or "assume") that you want the best for the vlog wiki article
and I keep that in mind when replying)

But let's not waste any more energy here.  If you really feel
passionate about the article, go edit it!  Be Bold!  Use the
Discussion page to discuss what you like, what you don't like.  Great
things are already happening.

pd

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What credentials do you actually have in deciding what should and what
> should not be posted in the Vlog entry in the Wikipedia?
>
> Please "cite" for us those references you have.
>
> David
> http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "pdelongchamp"
> <pdelongchamp@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I seem to be the topic of conversation today.  I'm going to ignore the
> > negative messages because I think it's great that there's renewed
> > interest in the article.  The great thing about wikipedia is everyone
> > can edit it.  There’s one catch though, it’s an encyclopedia which
> > means the content must be encyclopedic.
> >
> > In regards to the vlog article, this means that everything we put into
> > it has to be from a reliable source like a news article. (i.e. not
> blogs)
> >
> > There’s already sourced content contributed by Steve Garfield,
Michael