On 5/1/07, Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I always thought Richard BF was too fixated, in an almost unhealthy
>  way, on the need to classify videoblogging as a genre and control the
>  debate.
>
>  It was a strongly held personal point of view, and one that was
>  disputed.   Personally, I don't agree with him. Many of us do not,
>  and not just out of intellectual stupidity or out of some misguided
>  romanticism or need to aggrandize the videoblog.  And I don't think
>  one side has to *win*.

Careful. Please take into account your personal feelings here when you
go and edit the wikipedia page. Going with the definition that a
videoblog is "video on blog" is also a strongly held, personal point
of view that's been disputed. Using that as the definition effectively
eliminates everything published only on YouTube which is maybe not
such a good idea. Richard's post, while maybe not perfect, at least
allows what most of us do and what some of the people on YouTube do to
be encompassed.

- Verdi

--
http://michaelverdi.com