I've been surprised by all the vitriol.  I'd have thought that Podtech would
have built up a couple brownie points with y'all by now, what with their
paying you real money, and hosting awards shows for us all to circle-jerk
at.

Maybe the lesson here is to get paid First?  Once you put something online,
you don't own it anymore than you can claim to own a rainbow hovering above
your house.  It's in the public consciousness, part of the firehose of
experiences that we all consume, transitory experiences.  I think especially
in this case since it's a digital photo of Casey McKinnon, if anyone has a
claim to some money it would be her.  If someone else made a recording of a
song I was playing, and royalties were to be paid for that recording, I'd
likely be the one to receive them.  But I wouldn't demand them.  Something
just sits wrong with me when I hear about people billing other people for
services that they weren't hired to provide.

Creative Commons is pretty silly, not as silly as traditional copyright, but
pretty silly.

I'm heading out of town now so I won't be able to respond to any shit slung
my way for a while :)

P.S. Lan, you're a badass photog, I'm glad I found your work via this mess.

-Adam

--
Adam Quirk
Wreck & Salvage