H264 has sure had a lot of buzz about it everywhere. I wonder if one
of you can answer a few questions I have. I've looked around on the
web and googled but I'm not fining the answers.

1) I have Adobe Premiere Elements and it outputs h264. When I tried it
though, the bitrates, unlike the other codecs, are on a scale that it
huge, hundreds of thousands of bps. Why?

2) The result, even at a high bps looked like crap, lots of artifacts.
Every other format looked better. There must be a magic setting I'm
missing.

3) I'm creating videos at 480x360 24fps. Is this part of the problem?
I h264 related more to 320x240 or some other size?

Links to good references would be appreciated. I know a lot of
technical details are available in the wikipedia but I'm looking for
the practical knowledge from people like you. Anyone have a practical
page they've done or suggestions?

We're at a critical stage in video becomeing popular. It's too bad
there's no standard, I'm afraid Flash is the closest we have to one.
(Opinions solicited)

tia,

/r