Gena:
The problem was fixed by using my laptop (iBook G4) which has QuickTime Pro
7.1.6,
which is a version older than the one on my main computer; QT version 7.2....
So much for always hitting the "upgrade now" button on the software upgrade
option.  I'll
replace the newer version with the older and see if that works on my main
computer (Mac
G4 dp).
Creating videos is always interesting and sometimes very frustrating.
Thanks for your advice.

Michael
www.poetryvlog.com