Pro's and Con's to DIY. Big on list is reliability and liability. How
much time you want to put into it vs turning it over to someone else.
Do you want a turnkey solution? The preview to be nearly impossible to
download? Are you looking for Learning Management System
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_Management_System#LMS_platforms>
 to accompany your videos? In other words will a student complete
these training videos to earn a certificate or some other accreditation?

(*Disclaimer: -  One of my friends/business relationships uses "SIMPLY
DIGI.COM's service. I do not make any money, points or kudos)

They are happy with SimplyDigi's service (used for the training videos
and testing for each level of the course completed).
Student response has been good to excellent (depends on age).
Easy to use and navigate as a newbie. Nothing flashy or fancy.
<http://www.simplydigi.com/>
<http://www.simplydigi.com/products/lms/index.aspx>
"...A Learning Management System LMS / LCMS handles and controls the
delivery of self-paced, instructor led, e-learning courses. The LMS
lets you publish courses and place them in an easy to use online
catalog. Learners log into the LMS with any browser, select courses
from the course catalog and take them. The LMS tracks the learners
activities, providerships, professional licenses, progress, compliance
with course assignments and much more. The LMS provides online reports
for each course and learner yet is inexpensive and provides the
essential features you need...."

We shot a simple/straight forward video intro for each course. Another
company produced a Power Point slide show that is the course material.
That PPT was transfered to Flash (pause, rewind, take a break and come
back later or another day). It is secure, allows for a teaser video
and I believe you can customize it to your hearts content to get it to
do what you want.

They do the billing, you do the billing? Lots of questions.

If you just want to password protect the videos to sell, then another
one stop solution to look into is Google APPS
<http://www.google.com/a/>. You can set up a membership and do some
clever stuff with their other offerings (Google Video, Checkout,
Picaso, GoogleTalk, Orkut).

A while back Amazon had something that looked promising. I cannot for
the life remember what it was called (if it had a distinct name) but
the obvious advantage was a potentially higher ranking in a web
search, a established and secure checkout, and it did provide a
preview. It may have been called Amazon Author (for self publishers).
 If it comes to me I'll post it so that everyone can see it (unless
someone knows and can save me now!!)

There are a few other sites that also might be of use. Jonny
"Platinum" Goldstein uses <http://Operator11.com> and that might work.
<http://Blip.tv> or <http://Spinxpress.com> could also be a solution.

GoToMeeting is more along the lines of a web conference but (I
believe) there is a way to archive/sell video access.
<https://www.gotomeeting.com/>

Plenty of other ideas will be shared. If you want to know more about
how we used Simply Digi contact me off list.