This notion of making a living doing your VLOG is fascinating, and I
believe - doable.  But in order to do it, and still be the creative
person you want to be - I suspect that you really have to think about
different ways of present - or positioning your material.  If you use
the Public Radio or Public TV model, you just ask folks to "pledge" so
that you can continue offering them information that they want.  The
difficulty with this approach for the average vlogger is that most
vloggers have one or maybe 2 things that they are interested in
producing - where PTV or PR has many many different offerings that
people are pledging to support.

Another way that I think about what I'm doing is to see this as a
showcase that I can use to gather support for more long-form projects.

A third way that folks are trying - such as Jay and Ryanne is to
become a channel for someone who is aggregating content.  Drew has
been doing his own version of this by being the aggregator himself.

I don't think there is any real answer yet - it's just too new.  The
music people can do it because they sell songs individually - and
frankly people like to listen to them multiple times.

Just some thoughts.  This is an excellent conversation.
Milt