Well when people think blueray, they think of the physical discs, so its not
been
mentioned by vloggers much.

So when you say you think its the future, do you mean on the net as well? If
so, you are
really talking about the video codecs that blueray uses, not the format itself
which is
bound to physical discs.

Blueray supports mpeg2, h264 (also knows as AVC), and VC-1. Mpeg2 is not really
considered suitable for the web, but h264 and vc-1 are both used on the net a
lot today,
albeit not normally at very high resolutions yet.

At both normal and HD resolutions, here are your options for using these
formats on the
web:

h264 can be played via quicktime in the browser, and by the forthcoming flash
moviestar
version.

vc-1 can be played by windows media player, and silverlight.

vp6 can be played by flash.

All of them offer fairly comparable quality & filesizes, vp6 and h264 will
probably have a
huge advantage due to the dominance of flash these days, but if Silverlight
ever catches on
then VC-1 may find a place in the scene too.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "blurayvideoblogger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>