Speaking as someone who has in the past, put my foot in my mouth and
sounded like an ass.....I undertand all to well, the passions of
being human.  This list can and probably always will spark strong
debate, but I agree that mudslinging is just stupid...(even though I
have slung some myself)  But I do think it's OK to call someone out,
I see nothing wrong in that, we have to hold ourselves accoutable,
(well, I guess we don't but I think we should).  It's a fine line
though between being nasty and just trying to hold someone
accoutable.  I have failed at it more than I have succeeded and that
is why I decieded to keep my mouth shut and try to become the person
I want to be....

But none of us are perfect and we never will be, doesn't mean we
should stop trying though...I don't subscribe to the emails, I just
occasionly come over and visit to see if there is anything
interesting and more often than not there is.  I have the choice on
weather or not to read the nastiness and participate, I no longer do
both...Like Bekah said, I don't want to end up wrinkly....(not that
train hasn't already left the station)...

Heath
http://batmangeek.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "missbhavens1969"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
the
> snark in my life (my own snark that is. I'm trying to get more
sincere
> as I age so I don't end up crabby and bitter and more wrinkly).
> However, these out-of-control threads serve to remind me that
everyone
> on this list is human. Human beings saddled with all the faults and
> foibles that go with not being a chimp. Go to the zoo and check it
> out. Chimps fling poo. Humans vent on internet message boards.
>
> That's why you'll never see (hear/read) me saying "take it offlist"
or
> "go blog it" or "this has nothing to do with videoblogging". Sure,
it
> has something to do with videoblogging. Not the way *I* videoblog,
> because in this case I couldn't give a shit about getting 250K
viewers
> fast. If I did, I'd have gone topless long ago. But it matters to
some
> videobloggers whose motives differ from mine. Doesn't make my
> motivations any purer or better or more sincere. It just is.  The
fact
> that the 250KMahalo thread turned into something wholly else only
says
> one thing to me: people care about videoblogging (or their Video
> Product) so much that they are willing to make total asses of
> themselves in front of a great deal of people. They are willing to
> jump clear over the generally accepted social fences that hem them
in
> and go. To. Town.
>
> To this I say "go for it, kids!". Human beings, remember? That's
what
> we do. We get mad and defensive. Then we take it to the keyboard.
>
> That being said, let's revisit my prior point about motivations and
> all that. I'm not in this because I want to make a career out of
it. I
> could mudsling and name-call 'till I'm blue and I'd have literally
> nothing to lose. Someone on this thread mentioned that all this
> silliness was sort of neat and New Media Cool: you won't see Rupert
> Murdoch having open discussions like this in a public forum (or
> non-forum, in our case). Well guess what? That's because it's wildly
> fucking unprofessional! See, I get to swear like that because I have
> nothing to lose! I'm NOT a professional! Get it?
>
> If y'all want to be the kings of New Media (or even the jesters) and
> usher in a New Age y'all should reflect a little on your behaviour.
> mean, is this really how people want to conduct themselves at the
dawn
> of The Big Paradigm Shift? Jesus, I hope not.
>
> Transparency is nice, and all, but there's something to be said for
> rising above it all and being coolly courteous.
>
> Don't fling poo like chimps.
>
> Or do (do that doo-doo that you do so well). Create a spectacle.
Make