Andres,

- Regarding the discovery method, actually a REST API es pretty unique,
maybe sending the "Accept apliccation/json" header and check for a positive
answer is a good place to start. Well coded APIs accept the OPTIONS method
to describe their behavior and their resources, vital info could be grabbed
from there. When an authenticated schema is implemented is not that easy.
Resources are very particular for each API, mapping them is not
easy.asnavigating a directory schema on a webserver, usage of that
resources are
very special in each case, you can face things like  "curl -X GET
http://api.servercloud.com/servers"; and "curl -X GET
http://api.othercloud.com/?servers=* , of course someone is violating REST
standards but i see this all the time. But we have to face that now
everything is presented "as a service" to be consumed via an API . So i
think this is a very nice to have feature on w3af

Regards
Lean