Yes, I don’t oppose adding another EWS bot, and I was not trying to argue
against that proposal. I did intend to express my disagreement with many points
made in follow-up replies that seem quite wrong to me.

Three other thoughts:

1) Even though I don’t object to adding a new bot, I will say that the idea
that a single “non-unified” bot will add a lot of value at very little cost to
the WebKit project doesn’t sound right to me. These arguments about how long
things will take don’t seem correct. My experience is that it’s quite difficult
to find, understand, and resolve errors seen in bot builds, far more difficult
than resolving errors I can see locally as I make code changes. In my view
every EWS bot we add helps weigh down the project, making each change more
difficult.

2) In my contributions, I don’t just want to add missing includes, I want to
remove unnecessary ones taking full advantage of forward declarations and
moving code out of headers. Too many includes and too much dependency has a
dramatic bad effect on the project, making colossal project build times even
worse.

3) We had many, many problems with platform-specific include differences before
we had unified builds, with frustrated contributors if they worked with any
configuration that lacked an EWS bot. It may seem that the
unified-build-specific problems are something fundamentally different, but this
is not how I see it.

— Darin