Thanks, just wanted to know if anyone else had issues so I could decide
whether to spend some time looking at it now. Since you had no issues, I
spent 20 minutes and checked everything and then re-installed the drive one
more time after downloading and inspecting the driver code.  This time I
got a prompt (y/n) during install that I'm 99% sure I didn't see before,
not sure why.
But after re-installing one more time it is working.

I hate those 'suddenly works, not sure why' issues, but don't have time to
spend a day re-creating the exact instance (from weekly backup) to figure
it out.

Thanks.