Despite the trade off you depict very well, I can still the benefits of
this approach:
- no more session time outs,
- infinite number of pages in pagemaps,
- and a bit more theoretic: smooth scalability. I say theoretic since it
is not likely you'll need this kind of scaling.

Regards,
     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten