On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Dan Andreescu wrote:

> I have become quite skeptical of Wikimetrics's value after some talks with
> the folks who use it.  It seems that instead of Wikimetrics a lot of people
> would prefer just an API that takes a list of users and returns reports with
> a set of standard metrics ran over a standard period of time with standard
> parameters.  I'd love to hear thoughts around this.

Wikimetrics is very flexible and powerful. It is good if you know what you are
doing. But those of us who are WMF grantees are required to report on a
standard set of metrics—the flexibility is not necessarily useful for us.
Further, it should be easy as possible to report these metrics. I would love to
be able to dump a list of usernames and a time interval and get back the global
metrics report.

—
James Hare
President, Wikimedia DC