On 1/16/2014 4:55 PM, Alexander, David wrote:
> 1)      Do you allow guests on your wireless network?

Yes.

> a.       If you allow guests, what steps do they need to take to gain
> access to the network (eg. sponsorship, MAC registration, open network)?

We provide 'eduroam' for participating guests, otherwise you need a
sponsored guest account (gives you full access), or for "rush
last-minute" cases we have a WPA2/PSK SSID and distribute the preshared
key to certain individuals authorized to hand out guest access.  The
eduroam and PSK traffic goes out with access controls (the Eduroam
recommended protocols/ports) and is rate limited.  Sponsored guests are
essentially open.  All are treated as "outside" access...  they can only
reference campus services open to the public and those connections
traverse our border firewall.

> b.      If you require sponsorship or device registration, can you
> explain the process or give me a pointer to your policy?

Currently only certain individuals can provide guest accounts, it's not
open to any registered campus user.

> 2)      Is your wireless network completely open in any part of your
> campus (eg. Library, student center, event spaces, athletic fields, etc.)?

Essentially no.  At our athletic facilities we have provisions for
"wired guests" on certain ports to facilitate media/press/others, but
otherwise no, there is no open access (CALEA concerns, among others).

Jeff