As Butch mentioned, individual user accounts via RADIUS w/ an LDAP backend is
the "best" way -- for devices that support it.

For devices that don't support RADIUS/LDAP/other centralized backend and/or for
credentials (or other sensitive data) that must be shared amongst multiple
people, I highly recommend LastPass Enterprise:

  https://lastpass.com/enterprise_overview.php

Note that "authentication" is only one of the A's in AAA. The other two,
"authorization" and "accounting", are just as important.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis           e: jer...@as54225.net
Network Engineer           m: +1.812.865.0581