I currently have an MSI Wix project that (among other things) copies an xml
file and makes modifications to it using util:XmlFile.  I am in the process
of converting this project to a merge module (MSM), but when I include the
merge module in another install, I get an error saying there was a failure
while configuring XML files.

I then noticed that I get this error before the xml file had been copied
(which would explain the error).  I did not have this problem when I was
building an msi file.  Looking at the log file, the failure is in
SchedXmlFile, which is occurring before any files have been copied.

If I remove the XmlFile commands, the install runs without any problems.

Is there a reason why this is happening in the merge module when it didn't
in the msi?  Is there anyway to control when SchedXmlFile runs?