I have seen many WiX articles on detecting .NET 4.5 or greater and I have
implemented the recommended entires, but my install will FAIL to detect .NET
4.5 on machines that have .NET 4.5 and 4.5.1.

Now we are still using WiX 3.7, and therefore if the machine has .NET 4.5.1
does the NETFRAMEWORK45 not get set properly in that version of Wix?

So here are the relevant entries:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi";
         xmlns:netfx="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/NetFxExtension";>

        <Product Id="*" Name="$(var.ProductName)" Language="1033"
Version="$(var.ProductVersion)" Manufacturer="$(var.Manufacturer)"
                         UpgradeCode="F4472484-91DD-43E3-B998-FA5BD4099B72">
                <Package InstallerVersion="400" Compressed="yes"
InstallScope="perMachine"
InstallPrivileges="elevated" Description="$(var.ProductName)" />

                <Property Id="NETFRAMEWORK45" Secure="yes" />
                <Condition Message="This setup requires Microsoft .NET
Framework 4.5 or
greater needs to be installed for this installation to continue.">

                </Condition>

So am I missing something or since we are still on Win 3.7 we will have to
add some manual searches for machines running .NET 4.5.1?

Thanks for any help on this issue.