This is cross-posted from Stack Exchange
[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30178160/use-wix-eventsource-to-create-non-localized-log].

The WiX EventSource element requires an EventMessageFile attribute. When I use
the instructions found here
[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12433883/how-to-create-a-net-event-log-source-using-wix],
 and write entries using WriteEntry(String, String), I get log entries starting
with "The description for Event ID 0 from source XXX cannot be found."

Microsoft says there are two kinds of event sources, localized and direct
string:
"Use the CategoryCount, CategoryResourceFile, MessageResourceFile, and
ParameterResourceFile properties to configure the source to write localized
entries to the event log. If your application writes strings values directly to
the event log, you do not need to set these properties."
--From https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5zbwd3s3(v=vs.110).aspx

So, how can I use WiX to avoid passing ParameterResourceFile? I'm not allowed
to omit it or give it an empty value. I am using WiX 3.9.

\Bob Peterson

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all
copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and
(iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any
message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons
other than the intended recipient. Thank you.