Hi Phil,

Comments inline for your queries:
/It might help to say why you want to do this and what problem it solves./

I need to add a blocking condition based on whether a particular msi is
installed or not and hence I need a way to figure out whether that msi is
installed or not.

/You don't mention version either except in the subject line, so some
clarification about that might help. /
Not sure which version you are talking about. I'm using Wix 3.8 if that's
what you wanted to know.

I got around this problem by finding a registry that gave me the
version(same as product version).

Thanks for your response.