awt_Graphics and XShm is more for 2D than AWT, but
I'm not sure how much it matters for this small change.
Attach the patch to a bugzilla report .. someone will
need to generate a sun bug id too. Can you post a zip
of the webvrev somewhere?

And is there an X11 reference you can cite to this apparent
source incompatible change there?

-phil.

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
With the new version of X11 (specifically libXext >= 1.1), the XShm.h
header has been refactored.

As a result, the build fails on awt_GraphicsEnv.c.  This simple patch:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~andrew/xshm/webrev.01

fixes the issue, without affecting older versions.  It's trivial, but
very important; this new X11 is already in Gentoo, it'll be in F12
(where we first discovered this issue), and it's no doubt heading to
an Ubuntu near you soon.

The patch was contributed by Diego Pettenò <flamee...@gmail.com>, who
I'm informed has signed the SCA.

Does this look ok? If so, can I have a bug ID to push this to the
awt-gate (or wherever is appropriate)?