On 3/26/15 1:11 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 25/03/2015 22:48, Phil Race wrote:
Updated webrev http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8035302.2/

- removed the jdk.charsets export to java.desktop from modules.xml

- removed the COMPOUND_TEXT support which likely has not been used since Motif support was removed
This looks good to me. The code in FontDescriptor to get the historical name is indeed odd, I don't know if Sherman has any other suggestions for this.

Is there anything that can be salvaged from the tests? That is, are there are existing fonts tests that will exercise these charsets like the old tests in sun/nio/cs ?

-Alan

An alternative is to simply grip the names and build a small internal mapping for those used by the fonts, it's a limited/small/fixed list, I assume. That might be look better than the current
hacky one.

-sherman