Adding 2d-dev alias to the cc.

Thanks,
Alexandr.

On 11/4/2015 5:42 PM, Jiri Vanek wrote:
ping?

On 10/30/2015 02:13 PM, Jiri Vanek wrote:
Hello!

Recently I was doing ico imagereader-spi provider for icedtea-web (which is javaws (and plugin)
implementation for openjdk)
Yes, ico is stupid, but is in web standards so having its support is just natural. However,
providing spi did not solved the problem i was bugged for.

After small debugging why, I found that eg SunToolkit.createImage and relatives - which are quite
heavily used, do not honour ImageIO SPIs and are going by its own way:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/jdk8/jdk/file/687fd7c7986d/src/share/classes/sun/awt/image/FileImageSource.java#l50

for file
and
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/jdk8/jdk/file/687fd7c7986d/src/share/classes/sun/awt/image/InputStreamImageSource.java#l213

for stream

Well maybe its legacy bourden, but it is reimplementing what image SPIs providers via (apis canDecodeInput[2]) do. Long story short - reimplementing wheel and duplicated (very duplicated) code.

I wonted to ask, if there are any plans in jdk9 to fix this. If no, what can I do to make it happen.

Thanx!
  J.

[2]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/javax/imageio/spi/ImageReaderSpi.html#canDecodeInput%28java.lang.Object%29