http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8140530/webrev.02/

Regards
Prasanta
On 12/4/2015 6:45 AM, Jim Graham wrote:
I think it makes sense to catch it at a higher level, but also to throw some type of exception from the X11 code as you do now because regardless of our higher level policy, the X11 implementation function can never succeed there...

So, my preference would be to keep the existing pieces of this fix that you already have and to add an explicit check and throw IAE to SunVolatileImage for completeness and guaranteed consistency...

            ...jim