On 3/30/16, 10:22 PM, prasanta sadhukhan wrote:
Hi Phil,

I found out we do not need to change minPage.
That makes more sense now.

Changing toPage before frompage should be enough.
Please find the modified webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/6357905/webrev.01/

Don't you need to check ? setToPage also checks that to > from

Supposing we start with from=3,to=4
and you want to change it so that from=1,to=2
when you try to change the to page (in the first step) to 3,2
you will also get an IAE.

So you need to examine the existing values to decide which order to do the update.

A bad API design IMO, it should have been setPageRange(int from, int to)
but it is too late for that.

BTW I notice it really is a requirement that from < to and to > from

eg : I see
            (toPage != 0 && fromPage > toPage) ||

I would have expected >= ..

.. in fact the docs for setFromPage say :
* @param fromPage an integer greater than zero and less than or equal to
     * <i>toPage</i>

So the implementation looks wrong to me for that and setToPage.

-phil.

Regards
Prasanta