Hi Jim,

I am trying to modify/add equals()/hashCode() methods in
java.awt.image.ComponentSampleModel() and its subclasses.

In BandedSampleModel and PixelInterleavedSampleModel I see that we have just
hashCode() functions and not equals() and these hashCode() function are
returning just constant value.

I am not able to find private variables or unique properties which are set in
BandedSampleModel/PixelInterleavedSampleModel for the need to override
equals()/hashCode() methods.

Can we remove hashCode() function present
BandedSampleModel/PixelInterleavedSampleModel and rely on ComponentSampleModel?
What is the purpose of having hasCode() function returning constant value in
these subclasses?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Jay