Looks good.  +1

                        ...jim

On 6/1/16 12:03 AM, prasanta sadhukhan wrote:
HI Phil, Jim,

I have modified webrev to address Jim's doc change. Please review
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/6842011/webrev.02/

I will send the ccc link separately to you for approval.

On 5/31/2016 11:12 PM, Phil Race wrote:
On 05/26/2016 03:49 AM, prasanta sadhukhan wrote:

Hi Phil,

On 5/25/2016 10:10 PM, Philip Race wrote:
I am OK with committing the clarifying javadoc as part of this fix
and filing a new RFE for the new method - to be fixed at some later date.

However before this fix can be committed you need to make sure
we have consistent behaviour across platforms and we do not have that yet
In mac, unlike RasterPrinterJob which does the transform using the following
code
/            pathGraphics.transform(scaleTransform);//
//                // user (0,0) should be origin of page, not imageable area//
//                pathGraphics.translate(-getPhysicalPrintableX(paper) /
xScale,//
//                                       -getPhysicalPrintableY(paper) /
yScale);//
//                pathGraphics.transform(new
AffineTransform(page.getMatrix()));//
/CPrinterJob does not do this transforms, it straightway goes to native
printloop code
 so when scalex = g2d.getTransform().getScaleX(); is called the transform
returned is identity transform (as was the
case in linux too before the above transform code is executed)

I am not sure I know what you mean by that part in parentheses.
What I meant was SunGraphics2D.transform was an identity transform in linux and
osx to begin with, but in linux
RasterPrinterJob calls the above code snippet which modifies
SunGraphics2D.transfrom from identity transform to
[m00=0, m01=4.16, m02=0][m10=-4.16, m11=0, m12=3507.873]  but it remains as
identity transform in osx.
Our printing pipelines have always reflected the device transform.

If in fact OS X printing does not do that, then this is a bigger inconsistency
..
But not one we will try to address today, nor in JDK 9..
Verify that is the case and then file a P4 bug on that too in order to track it.

RasterPrinterJob#print() calls printPage() which does this device
transformation but in osx CPrinterJob#print calls
printloop() in osx native which does not do this. I have created JDK-8158339 to
address this.

Regards
Prasanta
And this fix is then approved ..

-phil.

so getScaleX/Y returns 1 as m00,m11=1 .
So, since the transform is not invalid unlike linux, mac prints ok.

Regards
Prasanta

-phil.