Hello,

My question relates to failures of the Regression tests (jdk/test) on
OpenJDK8 and how to identify whether a failure is expected or not.

Running java/awt and javax/swing tests against OpenJDK8 on various
platforms I got some failures. Trying to find any explanations for these
failures I looked through the JDK Bug System and could not find any bugs
explaining them, for example, for the following two tests

*-java/awt/Frame/UnfocusableMaximizedFrameResizablity/UnfocusableMaximizedFrameResizablity.java*

> Failed.
> Program
> `/Users/builduser/buildAgent/work/13ab0d4c51b0de0b/jbsdk/jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java'
> timed out (timeout set to 240000ms, elapsed time was 240786ms).

*- javax/swing/JPopupMenu/6800513/bug6800513.java*

Failed.
> Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.Exception: popup class
> is: javax.swing.PopupFactory$HeavyWeightPopup, expected:
> javax.swing.PopupFactory$LightWeightPopup

I found out that these tests were excluded from runs against JDK 8 Update
Releases Early Access Build (EAB) - see Test Results page at
http://download.java.net/openjdk/testresults/8. Please note, I do not know
the status of these results, whether they are actual for OpenJDK8 final
release or not. Also, I paid attention to that most of the failures I am
talking about are  not included into jdk/test/ProblemList.txt as for now.

Supposing once these tests were excluded from runs, there were some causes
for that e.g. some known product or test issues which were not intended to
be fixed for this particular release. My question is how can I get to know
these causes in order to differentiate expected and unexpected failures -
any of these tests, which were excluded from EAB runs because of one issue,
may fail because of another.

I tried to follow the link at Summary column placed on the page
http://download.java.net/openjdk/testresults/9 and could not get
information about statuses of the tests (similar to OpenJDK8). So another
question, how can I get the list of regression tests (if any) which
expectedly fail for some particular OpenJDK release?

Thanks,

Vitaly