Hi Anton,

Yes, the numbers you are describing are consistent with performing that standard boilerplate using an origin/translate that is not exactly at an integer pixel location.

My comments about our mechanisms not allowing for scale-aware allocations can be dealt with in a couple of ways:

- Add some internal pixel-based interfaces for scale aware code, like RepaintManager (and consider making them public for applications to use)

- Simply ask for a large enough integer to make sure you got the entire clip to fit in it and let the allocator give you an even larger image. It doesn't matter if you paint into a larger image (other than having to allocate an extra row/column on occasion). After that, as long as you set the translates and clip to exact pixel locations within the temp image, you should be fine. You also have to deal with limiting your blit to the destination, probably using drawImage(dxy12, sxy12) variant

                        ...jim