Hello Dmitry,

The fix looks good to me, but I am not a reviewer.

I will sponsor the integration of the fix once the review is completed.

Thanks,
Dmitry
On 30/01/2017 11:53, Dmitry Batrak wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to propose a fix for JDK-8170950.
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dmarkov/8170950/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Edmarkov/8170950/webrev.00/>

I have only a Contributor status, so I'll require a sponsor.

The issue is a special case of JDK-8012351 (fixed previously) - when font files
are located in symlinked folders. Physical components of logical fonts are
registered 'directly', but other fonts are registered with resolving of symbolic
links (see registerFontsOnPath invocation in SunFontManager.loadFonts()).
So paths comparison in FontFamily.isFromSameSource doesn't always work
currently. The proposal is to add symlink resolution to
FontFamily.isFromSameSource before path comparison. There are probably other ways to fix the issue - by changing the way fonts are registered, but this one
seems to be safer in terms of possible regressions.

Best regards,
Dmitry Batrak