Hi Phil,

On 11/28/2018 12:06 PM, Phil Race wrote:
> Please check in javax.print that the inclusion of the gopher protocol is no longer needed.

In that case, 2d-dev is the list you want. Swing doesn't do printing.
Thanks for the correction.

It must have been a decade since I heard anyone mention gopher, but did
you really mean to remove a Java SE public API variable ?
Probably yes, but the process needs to be different, to deprecate for a release
or two then remove.

Its low cost to keep it but it is noise as far as the rest of the codebase goes. I'll create a separate issue and maybe there are some others that can be removed
as well.

Thanks, Roger

      /**
- * Gopher Protocol.
- */
- public static final ReferenceUriSchemesSupported GOPHER = new ReferenceUriSchemesSupported(3);
-
- /**

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.desktop/javax/print/attribute/standard/ReferenceUriSchemesSupported.html#GOPHER

-phil.