On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 11:42:48 GMT, Andrew Haley <a...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Anton Kozlov has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Address feedback for signature generators
>>  - Enable -Wformat-nonliteral back
>
> src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/interpreterRT_aarch64.cpp line 394:
>
>> 392:
>> 393: class SlowSignatureHandler
>> 394:   : public NativeSignatureIterator {
>
> SlowSignatureHandler is turning into a maintenance nightmare. This isn't the
> fault of this commit so much as some nasty cut-and-paste programming in the
> code you're editing. It might well be better to rewrite this whole thing to
> use a table-driven approach, with a table that contains the increment and the
> size of each native type: then we'd have only a single routine which could
> pass data of any type, and each OS needs only supply a table of constants.

Would you like me to do something about it now? The problem is that the
functions of SlowSignatureHandler are subtly different, so it will be multiple
tables, not sure how many. Such change is another candidate for a separate code
enhancement, which I would like not to mix into the JEP implementation (it's
already not a small change :)). But if you think it would be a good thing,
please let me know. In another case, I'll add this to a queue of follow-up
enhancements.