On Thu, 20 May 2021 08:18:02 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> What are the "virtual pixels"? I remember we refer to something similar by
>>> the point in the "user space coordinate system" Or probably we use the
>>> virtual pixels somewhere?
>>
>> It is to say that the sizes are given in the same pixels as other components
>> in the container and are subject to be rendered with different resolution
>> based on the display scaling factor with preserving of relative sizes and
>> proportions. The same terminology is used i.e. in SurfaceData.
>
> SurfaceData is not a public class, do we use this term somewhere in the spec?
> If not then it will be better to use size/points in the user space coordinate
> system, it is used already in the java2d.

The CSR is already approved and changing specification at this point will
require to roll it back to draft and then going trough the approval process
again which in turn risks this change not to make it in the upcoming LTS
release. I would prefer to integrate it and create a follow-up bug to clarify
the wording where we can discuss the matter and - if it is worth it - to submit
a new CSR to amend the specification.