Well not altogether as there seems to be some debate about which wears the
record worse:

Things that seem established:
A spherical stylus wears your records more of the 2 in completely non-DJing
situations
An elliptical is worse for some reason (heat build up? because it doesn't like
travelling backwards?) when scratching.

All of which leaves me unsure which is best for me as although I hardly ever
scratch neither do I have a deck I never do a bit of
mixing on and so far all the reasons for not using an elliptical for scratching
would seem to apply to cueing too?

So no lurking as, as well as informing this debate, you posting reminded me to
ask all what's on in London 10th / 11th August?
Wildcats? (why I thought of you  - and Nicole too, another lurker who should
post and help sort out the gender imbalance on here ;-)
Not sure if I get in late Friday or on Saturday morning, I'm playing at a party
on Saturday but I think it's an early finish.