the heavy drum action bit you are referring to is probably just jeff
focusing on the 909, which he incorperates into his dj sets.

the set is tighter than some of the other mixes i've heard, but remember
that it was released on his own label, and he probably had quite a few
sets to choose between.  also, it's by no means a continuous recording of
the set... the parts you don't hear could be horrible trainwrecks :)

but that's not the point.  read the quote on the label.

leaving the crowd cheers and clapping in was a really nice touch.

chad