Here's a list of my favorite's for 1999 in no
particular order. There's just so much
happening with "smaller" electronic labels,
that i couldn't narrow it down to ten. I hope
to hear more from these folks as they expand
even further in 2000:

:: title's :: cd :: cdr :: vinyl ::

kit clayton - nek sanalet - scape cd
solvent - solvently one listens - suction cd
fizzarum - phut of plex - city centre offices 7"
arovane - occer - city centre offices 7"
aspen - are you that retail snob? - involve cd
brittle ones - brittle ones ep - sprout cdr
aspen    - my new building - involve cdr
baretta - kicking the horse ep - sprout cdr
eu_soft - christmas baubles - eu cdr
if.then.else - realizations - emanate cd
jack russell & lou frutiger - the nanofunk ep - toshoklabs 12"
lackluster - cdr2 - monotonik records cdr
lilienthal - castor & pollux - emanate cd
novel 23 - melodies of childhood for advanced imagination - pitchcadet cdr
antarktika - ak 99 - david o'toole cdr
colongib - mapping music - kracfive cd
proem   - burn plate no.1 - hydrant cd
si-{cut}.db - rate of living - sprawl cd
thug - isolated rhythm chock - aural industries cd
to rococo rot - the amateur view - mute/city slang cd
gescom - keynell (re-issue) - skam 12"
qwerty - i dolori del giovani qwerther - lucky kitchen cdr
warp 10+3 - remixes - warp cd
boards of canada - hi scores (re-issue) - skam 12"
cim - service pack" - delsin records 12"
funkstorung - funkenstort - compost 12"

:: compilations ::

nummer een - dub/phonics cd
artefacts - art-tek cd
dated - toshoklabs cd
enter the monkey - mad monkey records cd
involve compilation - involve cdr
toshoklabs cdr-set - live at invisible cities nyc - toshoklabs

:: artist' s & release's :: honorable mention ::

antarktika - david o'toole - toshoklabs
phase 6 - sunshine - benbecula
solutiore of stareau - nick willscher
sonogram - heartbeat submarines - simulacra
signer - giving it up to feel effected - involve cdr
dntel- early works for me if it works for you - phthalo cdr
jet jaguar - micahel upton - self titled - involve cd
lackluster - cdr1 special edition 97-99 - esa ruoho cdr
solenoid - miscelaneous trax - david chandler cdr
state of the art heirloom - toshoklabs cdr
cns engineering - monkey + 1 - omco 12"

Pietro.
p i e t r o   d a  s a c c o          a u d i o - n i m b u s
c j a m  91.5 fm  saturdays from midnight - 2am EST
9745 lynngrove cr, windsor, ontario, n8r 1b8, canada
g r o o v e s  m a g a z i n e   www.groovesmag.com