Alan Oldham wrote:
> Why hasn't anyone mentioned "The Beginning" by Rhythim is Rhythim, (also
> 1990, Kool Kat Records).  It takes the kick 3 1/2 minutes to kick in and when
> it does, the whole house lights up.  On a huge system, it's like a symphony.
> Ahead of its time.  Still playable at +6.

Jesus.

Like as if I didn't have enough reasons to love you already, Alan!   :-)

I never quite understood why "Nude Photo" became a Big Mega Hit compared to
something like this track.  (And!  You can get "The Beginning" on MP3 from
MP3.COM now!  Look under the Transmat tour section of the site!)

The keyboard melody that begins to snake its way into the mix at around 2:30
might be *THE* most beautiful keyboard line I've ever heard in my life.
One of those simple-yet-monumental elements, a la the keyboard line in
Joy Division's "Atmosphere", that gives me chills up and down my spine
every time I hear it.   And that's what life is really all about, innit?  :-)

Speaking of what life is really all about ... I got my 313 party pictures
back!  My cheeks are hurting from grinning at all of your smiling faces again.
What a great bunch!   I'll get them up on the Web Real Soon Now ...

(Is it Memorial Day weekend yet?)

        - Greg