Greetings cats!

1st - I must say that I was complete overwhelmed by the ultra warm reception
I received on my return to Velvet last night. I have love for each one of
you, and I want you to know that I was truly moved by your kind welcome, and
thoughtful show of appreciation at the end of the night. Y'all was tryin' to
make a brother break down and cry last night!

:-)

I was certainly touched with emotion, and I hope you all accept my genuine
gratitude!

2nd - In a brief moment of frustration last night, I responded to "one less
appreciative individual" regarding the vibe and education on a DETROIT TECHNO
CLASSIC by say saying, "I don't need to shut up `cause this is my house!"
Well, I WAS WRONG FOR SAYING THAT FOR SEVERAL REASONS:

a) That statement simply is not true. And if there were ever a night on which
this was more evident, it was last night! The simple truth of the matter is
that it is (and I quote) "OUR HOUSE, AND OUR HOUSE MUSIC. AND YOU SEE, NO ONE
MAN OWNS HOUSE, BECAUSE HOUSE IS A UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE SPOKEN AND UNDERSTOOD
BY ALL."

b) As a seasoned professional, I should have handled that situation much
better.

I had NO RIGHT to lay claim to such an idea as "MY HOUSE" because each one of
us share in the VIBE that makes Sundays at Velvet what it is, and that
includes everyone from the management, to the security, to the bar staff.
So I hope you all will accept my humble apology!

By the way, here's the info on the record which I was playing at the time
which was the indirect subject of the controversy:

KREEM ~ "Triangle Of Love" - METROPLEX RECORDS (a true Detroit classic)

peace & respect,

TP