Hi everyone ,
my name is Phil from York in the U.K. and i'm new to the list . We drove down to see Rob Hood at the End last sat and do a little shopping
in Small Fish .
     It's great to find a proper record shop in London again , many thanks
to Lee and Steve for excellent service and helping us get rid of all our
cash , we'll be back.
I can only confirm what has been said about Mr.Hood on previous mails ,
yes , he was the Don man . It was fantastic to see it done right . But i
must say that there is a conspicuous absence of props for the other dj's on
the night , and what about Access 58 (?), they blew the place up ! Brenda
Russell was excellent , i have seen her play a few times before and i must
confess , thought she was just a good warm up jock , on the night she was a
queen ,  she took us up , down and everywhere , seriously underrated .
    Jim Masters was also on fine form , again someone who i've seen on
numerous occasions who pulled one out of the bag for this night ( a big thanks to him for putting the whole show on also ).I suppose
we should have known , when we saw Colin Favor and Mark Broom ( two of the
best techno jocks in this country ) playing house in the back room . Rob
Hood was still the Don but it's great to know how healthy the state of
techno is in the U.K too .
All i can say is that if everyone keeps raising their game every time we
get distinguished visitors , then just ignore our shitty dance press and
please keep sending them over . Does it work the same the other way , when
our guys come over do your guys raise their game ?
    Best wishes to you all,
                           Phil.