On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Phonopsia wrote:

> This is a very good release. Two house tracks on there that blow my mind!
>
> A surprising change for Mr. Fowlkes - the least appreciated innovator of
> Detroit techno. A damn fine DJ too. Why doesn't Mr. Fowlkes ever get the
> props he deserves?

Goodbye Kiss is a classic.  And for that alone, he should get SOMETHING.

But I'm a conservative when it comes to techno and house.  It's not that I
only like the old shit....but I like the old SOUND.  Fowlkes' more recent
work....say within the last four or five years, doesn't have that old
soulful sound.  He's moved into something else from what I can tell...and
perhaps the move is related to the treatment his music gets from
listeners.

peace
lks